25 September 2012

It's-a Me! Ma... Uh, Wario!


I've had this little, black flexi-hoop lying around for a little while and a couple of days ago I decided I should use it. I couldn't think of anything though, so I asked my boyfriend for ideas of what to put in it. I wanted to stitch something game related, but something that was a bit edgier than Pokémon or Mario. My boyfriend suggested Wario. OK, so he's sort of Mario, but he's darker and greedier, so that's what I decided on! I like how the bright colours contrast well with the black fabric and hoop.

Incidentally, I bought three Game Boy Advanced games at a games fair a few weeks ago. I got Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land, Warioland 4 and Klonoa: Empire of Dreams. I finished Kirby just as I started stitching Wario, which inspired me to start playing Warioland 4, and I'm really enjoying it. I've tried a couple of the other Warioland games in the past, and for some reason I just couldn't get into them, but I'm hooked on this one.

I liked stitching Wario as he's a bit different, you don't see him about very  much. I think I would like to try and stitch more characters that are off the beaten track, so to speak.

1 comment:

  1. I guess it's not very frequent to see the "bad guys" Wario it's looking great on the black background :D Congratulations and I hope you enjoy the games :D

    ReplyDelete